Nils Zeeuwen (1975) studied Dutch law and corporate law at Leiden University. He has been practising law since 2001, starting his career in the Employment Law and Employee Participation Practice Group of a large international law firm. Early in 2006 he moved to a medium-sized law firm, at which he specialised further in employment law. His key areas of focus there included individual dismissal law, the employment law aspects of transfer of undertaking and international transactions and advising and assisting companies in reorganisations and employee participation issues. Nils joined DingemansVanderKind in 2008 and made partner in 2011.
He successfully completed the post-academic specialisation course in employment law and teaches courses at the VU Law Academy. Nils frequently writes articles and is author of Sdu Commentary Employment law by Article (Sdu Commentaar Arbeidsrecht Artikelgewijs).
Nils is a member of the following specialist associations:
- European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA)
- Dutch Employment Law Association (Vereniging voor Arbeidsrecht, VvA), and member of the study group on dismissal laws
- Dutch Employment Lawyers Association (Vereniging Arbeidsrecht Advocaten Nederland, VAAN)
- Amsterdam Employment Lawyers Association (Vereniging Arbeidsrecht Advocaten Amsterdam, VAAA)
- Dutch Corporate Litigation Association (Vereniging Corporate Litigation, VCL)